We’re Hiring | Roastery Operative
The Roastery Operative will assist in all elements of daily roastery operations. As the last link between the roastery and our customers, the candidate will ensure that the products that leave The Granary are processed and presented to a high standard.
The successful candidate will be able to adapt and work dynamically to provide an exceptional level of service to our customers. The role is varied, comprising of manual tasks and communication elements.
The Roastery Operative reports to the Operations Manager.
Our Mission Statement:
“We want to provide the best level of service, providing the best products available with the best and most dynamic team available. We want to do this and to cause no unnecessary harm to the environment, we want to protect nature, and we want to use business as a tool to do good in this world.”
• Ensuring that orders are accurately and efficiently fulfilled.
• Working with the Operations Manager to ensure products leave the roastery presentably and safely.
• Processing a wide range of products, implementing effective workflow to minimise errors.
• Managing roastery stock management system.
• Preparing shipments for Amazon Fulfilment Centres – barcoding and packing safely.
• Accepting deliveries of green coffee beans by the pallet-load.
• Manual handling of goods around roastery to designated storage space.
• Arranging couriers (DPD, Royal Mail etc.).
• Processing all order enquiries.
• Participating in Non-Conformance reporting.
• Keeping The Granary clean, tidy, and presentable – following a cleaning regime.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Able to effectively handle a fast-paced and varied workload.
• Experience in stock management software.
• Ability to solve problems that fall outside of existing roastery processes.
• Proven experience in manual handling; appreciation and application of health and safety procedure.
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and oral.
• Comfortable with using various computer software – generally technologically literate.
• Must hold a valid driving licence, and be available to travel punctually to The Granary.
As part of the Department for Work and Pensions’ Kickstart Scheme, this role is an opportunity for someone between 16-24, who currently finds themselves on Universal Credit. The placement will be for a minimum of 6 months, for a minimum of 25 hours a week.
Contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter to apply. We look forward to hearing from you! 👋