Cafetiere Brew Guide Recipe
A simple brew guide for the common Cafetiere, or French Press as they are also known.
What you need:
1. A Cafetiere, a Kettle, Fresh Water, Freshly Roasted Coffee (Coarsely ground), Grinder (Optional), & Scales (Optional).
1. First boil the kettle and then preheat the cafetiere by adding some hot water.
2. If you have a grinder then great, grind the coffee quite coarsely, if not then of course it is ok to use pre-ground coffee
3. Discard the hot water from the now warm Cafetiere
4. Add 18g of coffee to every 250ml of water (1 heaped tablespoon per coffee cup) i.e. 18g for 250ml, 36g for 500ml etc
5. Add approx 50ml of hot water to the Cafetiere to flood the grinds then mix.
6. Wait for 30 seconds and then add the rest of the water.
7. Replace the cafetiere lid and then wait a further 4 minutes.
8. Gently plunge the lid.
9. Serve and Enjoy.
Note: 18g per 250ml is our recommendation, though if you prefer a stronger cup then you can add more, and conversely add less for a much milder one.